Please forward any job openings on your SUNY campuses to email@example.com. All listings are equal-opportunity employers.
>> COMMUNITY RELATIONS ASSOCIATE -- JEFFERSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Jefferson Community College in Watertown seeks a part-time (17.5 hours per week) 12-month Community Relations Associate to assist the public relations officer with implementing an integrated communications and marketing plan for the College and provide leadership in the area of social media. Primary duties include gathering information and writing articles about the College, students, alumni, faculty/staff and academic programs for publication in College materials including Jefferson website and social media platforms. The ability to think strategically and creatively is critical along with excellent written, oral communication, and project management skills.
Required: Bachelor’s degree with three years professional experience; excellent written and organizational skills.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or significant coursework in public relations or journalism; skill utilizing desktop publishing software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite; familiarity with social media platforms.
To apply: Send letter of application, résumé, two writing samples, contact information for three references, unofficial transcripts, and a JCC employment application to: Human Resources, Dept. 20, Jefferson Community College, 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, New York 13601. Review of applications will begin immediately and be accepted untilAugust 23, 2013. Finalists will be responsible for interview-related expenses. For an employment application and a detailed job description, visit SUNY Jefferson Employment Resources.
>> COMMUNICATION AND MARKETING STRATEGIST -- UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY
The University at Albany seeks a Communication and Marketing Strategist who will be responsible for coordinating a comprehensive communications plan and marketing strategy that increases visibility and accessibility of the University at Albany Alumni Association via online, print and public communication; ensuring that the association stays on top of emerging online trends and technologies via research and maintain a positive “face” of the association through media, print and online marketing.
- Maintain and increase presence of interactive association social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs)
- Acquire and create content (e.g. photos, video, trivia) for social media use
- Promote association programs and events via print and online platforms
- Manage website using a fully integrated online communication strategy
- Develop company print publications to create effective marketing materials
- Monitor and research online analytics and new ways to leverage social media
- Develop and distribute monthly enewsletter
- Contribute to the production of the UAlbany magazine
- Manage mass email distribution and increase awareness and usage of the alumni online community
- Develop consistent messaging across all association programs and services
- Provide general technical troubleshooting to assist colleagues as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience using Social Media platforms
- Ability to manage multiple online communities including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogs and forums.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
- A solid understanding of ethical search engine optimization techniques
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years’ experience in digital media, online communication, marketing or public relations
- Strong technical background with advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop or related graphic editing software, strong understanding of HTML/CSS
- Proven ability to work with a culturally diverse population
Please apply online via: http://albany.